Wouldn’t you love to be able to put your makeup on faster? In the morning when you are still sleepy it can be hard applying makeup. This is especially true for eyeliner. Now you can try a specialized technique that can improve your life and your looks, permanent makeup. Permanent makeup can refer to a lot of different types of procedures and is often called derma-graphics, micro-pigmentation and micro-pigment implantation. Essentially the technique consists of implanting a non- iron oxide pigment into the dermal layer of your skin. At Salvation Tattoo Lounge we provide services for permanent make up in Miami, Florida.
There are many uses for permanent makeup that include fixing parts of your face that look unaligned or abnormal. When you make an appointment at Salvation Tattoo Lounge, our professional permanent makeup consultants will speak with you about permanent makeup solutions, and even use cosmetics to show you what you will look like after a procedure. Once you agree with the overall look, then you can have the procedure done. In order to make sure your application looks exactly as you want, you will need to make a few visits for the purpose of adjusting. This is normal and can include adjusting pigment density and color density. Our professional permanent makeup specialists can help you find an affordable way to make you look even more beautiful with permanent makeup solutions. Now you can enjoy getting ready and applying makeup much quicker by having cosmetic modifications that do not require surgery.
Contact us to make an appointment to speak with one of our professional permanent makeup specialists. We can help you get the look that makes you feel better and look great, with a minor procedure that is affordable and stress free.
2. Individuals who benefit from permanent makeup are individuals who:
-have an active lifestyle
-wear contact lenses or are visually impaired
-have Hay fever or watery eyes
-have little or no brow hair or misshapen brows
-had cancer and lost their facial hair
-have difficulty with makeup application
-have unsteady or arthritic hands
-have obvious scars from accidents, trauma or surgery
-are allergic to conventional cosmetics
-desire to look their best at all times
-are losing hair and their scalp is beginning to show or men and women who have had hair transplants.
Is It Painful ???
3. No. Most individuals say it is annoying or sometimes slightly uncomfortable but not painful. Topical anesthetics are used for your comfort such as Dr. Numb, which is available for sale here at Salvation Tattoo Lounge to use during tattoos.
What Do Clients Mostly Get Done?
4. Most requested procedures are:
-Eyebrows and brow correction
- Eyeliner and correction of droopy eyes
- Lip color and correcting thin or uneven lips
- Areola Re-pigmentation following mastectomy or surgery
- Scar and stretch mark camouflage
- White spot camouflage
What Will Permanent Eye Brows do for me?
5. Eyebrows provide a frame for the entire face. Properly shaped brows will give one a more youthful appearance - Uneven brows can be corrected and give balance to the entire face - Sparse brows can be filled in with a few hair strokes – After permanent makeup you will have the freedom of never having to use an eyebrow pencil again.
Which Style of Eye Brow will look Best on me?
6. We can help you decide which eyebrow style suits your facial features because our permanent makeup artist is a certified Cosmetologist who has studied psychofigurism. Psychofigurism is the study of facial features and facial bone structure. Our permanent makeup artist will be able to advise you on the brows that will best enhance your appearance. She will first apply traditional makeup to display the look you would like to achieve through permanent makeup. Together, you will decide what is the best look for you.
Will My Eye Brows look like they were drawn with a marker?
7. Absolutely not. our permanent eyebrows will look natural thanks to our unique techniques, the color combinations, and the incredible artistry.
Will Eye Liner Make my eyes look Smaller?
8. Not at all. Properly applied permanent eyeliner will make your eyes look bigger, more defined and sensual.
Why Permanent Make Up on My Lips?
9. Permanent makeup on the lips will:
-Make your lips look more sensual
- Correct uneven lips
- Make thin lips look fuller
- Give color to pale lips
- Help prevent lipstick from bleeding into vertical wrinkles
- Give lips more definition.
Can I wear regular Makeup over my Permanent Make Up?
Will It Be Noticeable?
12. Not at all. Our patients prefer the natural look. Therefore most of the time our permanent makeup application is soft and natural looking. We want our patients to look good, not made-up.
Is There a Choice of Colors?
Absolutely! There is a broad range of colors to choose from. We can mix colors to create the perfect custom shade or bring your own lip-liner /color and I will match it!!
How long is the recovery period?
There will be mild swelling and redness after the procedure, but most customers are able to return to work or other social activities the same day.
How long will it be until I see my final results?
It takes five to seven days for the initial healing period. It takes three to six weeks for deeper healing to occur and for the pigment to become permanently incorporated in the desired location.
Will my permanent makeup fade?
During the initial period of three to six weeks, there will be a slight fading of the pigment. After the procedure colors will appear very dark and bright, this is because the ink is exposed on the broken skin. The colors give the appearance of having “faded” after a week or so once a layer of skin has healed over the pigment, sealing it in the body. After healing, permanent makeup takes on a softened, natural look.
I had my permanent makeup done by another technician, however I am not able to locate her and I need a touch up. Can you redo for me?
Yes of course, I will be happy to discuss your options however, please know that touch-up's from another technician will be charged at 1/2 of our regular price, if it is truly just a touch up (meaning, previous work does not need any re--shaping or color corrections). Please call for a consultation.
May I have more than one application of permanent makeup?
There is no limit to the amount of times you can have permanent makeup applied.
Is it safe?
Yes. It has been proven to be safe through time. Tattooing has been done for hundreds of years. Permanent makeup has been popular in Asia for the last 30 years and has been in the US for the last 15 years. We use all single-use, disposable products and perform hospital-grade sterilization procedures.
Do I need to take time off from work?
No. Some people do, but it is not necessary. You can expect some tenderness and swelling after the first day, this is a normal and it will subside.
How much time will it take?
The actual procedure time is approximately 30 minutes to an hour, depending on the procedure(s) you are getting. However, please allow about 30 minutes to an hour beforehand to complete the necessary paperwork, establish a design that will fit your face symmetry and to create the individual color formula.
How long will it last?
Permanent makeup is like a traditional tattoo and the colors will soften in time. The rate of the fading is determined by how well you care for it while it heals and exposure to the sun. “Cheap” permanent makeup uses low quality pigments that fade quickly. We use only the highest grade of pigments to insure the quality of your permanent makeup. We recommend that you get a touch-up every few years to freshen the coloring and keep the pigments evenly shaded and looking their best.
Please come to your appointment wearing your normal make-up. Bring your everyday eyebrow and eyeliner pencils as well as your favorite lipstick color.
Keep in mind that certain herbal supplements and medications can increase bleeding and swelling, including (but not limited to) aspirin, blood thinners, diet pills, vitamin E, multi-vitamins, niacin, St John’s Wart, evening primrose oil, and ginkgo-biloba. Please do not use any of these medications or herbs for at least 24 hours before all procedures. However, never discontine a prescription medication without first consulting your physician. Please avoid consuming alcohol the day of the procedure as well, as it can lead to an increse in bleeding and swelling.
**If you are required to take an antibiotic before dental procedures, you will also be required to take one before any permanent makeup procedure as a safety precaution.**
- Avoid wearing contact lenses to the procedure or for 24 hrs after.
- Bring sunglasses to wear home, as eyes may be sensitive to light.
- Do not tint your eyelashes for 48 hours prior and for one week after.
- If you have had any type of eye surgery recently, consult your physician about the time needed in between the surgery and a permanent eyeliner procedure.
- Avoid tweezing, waxing or tinting your eyebrows for 48 hours prior and 3 weeks after.
- Electrolysis should not be done for a week prior to a permanent eyebrows procedure.
Fever Blisters or Cold Sores are a very common side effect of lip tattooing. We strongly suggest getting your doctor or dentist to prescribe Valtrex 2 days prior to a lip procedure. If you ever had a Fever Blister or Cold Sore, taking Valtrex 2 days prior to the procedure, on the day of the procedure and 2 days following the procedure is an absolute requirement.
If you have had lip filler injections like collagen or Restylane, a 3 week wait time is necessary before a lip permanent makeup procedure
For 2 weeks following all procedures:
Do not expose treated area to the sun. Use a clean cotton swab to apply ointment at least 3 times a day. Avoid picking or scrubbing the area, as this cause pigment loss, scarring, and a delay in the healing process. Allow any scabbing to flake off on its own. Do not soak treated area in bath, swimming pool or hot tub. Do not allow the treated area to be exposed to the full pressure of the water in the shower. Do not touch the treated areas, as it can transmit bacteria which can lead to an infection.
Try not to smash your face into your pillow while sleeping, as compressing the skin tissue restricts the flow of blood and oxygen and you can cause the skin to tear or kink. Do not use any Retin A or Glycolic Acids during the healing process and avoid facials for at least 2 weeks. Avoid strenuous activity for 2 days, as increased blood pressure and dilated blood vessels can lead to an increase in swelling and oozing.
Expect light to moderate swelling and redness. A cold compress applied for 5 - 10 minutes at a time can help to reduce swelling and aid in healing. Use a clean cotton swab to apply ointment at least 3 times a day for 2-3 days following procedure. You must use brand-new mascara following the procedure to avoid contamination or infection.
Expect slight swelling, redness, and thickness for a few days following the procedure. You will feel itching after 2 -3 days, but do not scratch! Keep the area lightly moisturized with Aquaphor Ointment for 2 days and then switch to a white, fragrance-free lotion for sensitive skin (such as Lubriderm) for the next 4 days. Use a clean cotton swab to apply. Do not tweeze or tint eyebrows for one week after procedure.
Expect moderate to heavy swelling, usually a few days following the procedure. Apply a cold compress for ten to fifteen minutes at a time for the first 2 hours and continue throughout the day. Keep your lips moist with Aquaphor Ointment for next 7 days, then switch to regular chapstick. Drink through a straw for first 3-4 days. After the procedure, lips will likely appear to have too much color. After 3 or 4 days, the color will become lighter as the dead skin sloughs off. It will appear that you have lost all your color around day 6, however, when your lips have healed completely the color will bloom beautifully from the deeper dermal layer. Lips will show their full color after 8 weeks of healing.